This week, Speedo launched a brand new movement in the hope to reduce drowning worldwide. It’s called Swim Generation and could seriously save lives.
Did you know that over 1,000 people loose their lives to drowning every single day?! It’s the third leading cause of death worldwide!
The initiative aims to help contribute to the reduction of drowning through increasing awareness and by providing people with the correct skills and knowledge to prevent drowning from occurring. They’ll be donating kit, time, funds and expertise to allow these lifesaving projects to have a real impact. It’s a global initiative and for some people, could be the difference between life and death.
The thing is, that they can’t do it alone. They’re not asking for much. In fact there are some small changes that you can make, named by Speedo as ‘Small Ripples’…
– Have a conversation – let people know about Swim Generation
– Pledge your support to Swim Generation across social media
– Share a story – let people know about the issue
– Make sure you tell friends and family how to stay safe
– Post and share water safety messages on social media
To bigger things that really ‘Make Waves’…
– Donate to one of the Swim Generation community partners
– Learn lifesaving skills
– Volunteer your time
– Drowning prevention – ensure you have an action plan in place to help keep you and others safe
Or if you are even more committed, it could be you who ‘Turns The Tide’.
Turning The Tide
– Help raise funds for one of the Swim Generation community partners – complete sponsored swim
– Become a qualified life saver and/or lifeguard
– Be an advocate/activist for safer swimming
Find out more by clicking right here.
Speedo are definitely in my good books lately. First it was Make 1k Wet, encouraging people to get more active and increase fitness in other areas by hitting the water and now they’re saving lives through Swim Generation. Why not spread the word or get on board yourself. You never know, it could help to keep somebody alive.