New Balance have launched a brand new trainer, the Fresh Foam Crush, and I led a workout for a bunch of fitness babes to put them to the test!
It’s been snowing across most of the country and it’s bitterly cold, so when we say we don’t want to go for a run, we mean that we don’t want to go for a run! I’m here to save the day with my short no equipment workouts that you can do from the comfort of your on home- no need to go outside whatsoever!
Click right here to choose which workout(s) you’ll be taking on this weekend! Enjoy! x
For anybody looking to loose weight and/or increase their fitness, I’ve designed a workout just for you! Created to build up a sweat, get your heart pumping and most of all burn fat, this is my ultimate Fat Burning Workout and it launched on YouTube today.
See what’s in store in the short clip below or head over to YouTube- Kirby Akindeinde for the full routine.
P.S. It’s another no equipment workout that you can take with you anywhere and everywhere, so there are absolutely no excuses! 😉
The weekend is finally here, but will you be making the most of yours? Whether you’re planning a chilled, productive or party weekend, be sure to give your body some love by making a little time to exercise. If you haven’t already (or fancy giving them another go) then work your arms and/or tum with my new YouTube fitness channel workouts.
There’s the Water Bottle Home Workout– no excuses, only a water bottle needed- or the Arm Toning Workout for building stronger, toned arms. Both can be tailored to your own ability by how many times you repeat the routine, how many reps you do, or for the arms, what weight dumbbells you use. They’re also really good to do in groups, so why not grab the girls and work out together!
Have a fab one guys, Kirby xx
It’s all about moving forward. Moving forwards in your career, further towards your ambitions, closer to your fitness goals and always pushing that little bit harder in the right direction. But sometimes you need to take a step back in order to move forward. Or a few in this case… Backwards running! A great way to move in order to get super fit!
Ok, so you may look a little crazy, but backwards running is a definite way to tone up. Not only does it target your glutes (hello perky butt!), it also works your hamstrings, core and lower back. It’s great for improving balance and will work muscles that you’re not used to using, which is always a bonus.
Try working this into your usual running routine. Say 60 seconds backwards and 3 minutes forwards, then repeat several times to warm up. Push yourself harder and for longer if you want to use this as part of your full work out. It’ll take some getting used to at first but you’ll soon get into your stride and when you start seeing results, the only people who will be looking crazy are the ones who haven’t tried it! xx
With the recent Victoria’s Secret show hitting London, all eyes were on those ridiculously lean legs, to-die-for abs and fabulously toned arms. Bodies that many girls would give their right arm, leg and make-up bag for (I mean who really needs make-up anyway when you have a body like that)! But just how do those flawless ladies get their bodies? The answer… boxing!
Everybody knows what boxing is, but it’s not exactly a sport that we participated in at school. In fact, I imagine that it was rather frowned upon. But boxing has quickly become the way to get fit fast. Victoria’s Secret models Lily Aldridge, Adriana Lima and Kelly Gale have all revealed boxing as their number one workout! If it’s good enough for the Victoria’s Secrets girls, then I definitely want to give it a try. So I did.
Going to boxing gym Gymbox, I had plenty of choice as to what kind of boxing I’d want to do. I decided on Thai boxing, as I have quite a lot of leg strength so thought this would work to my advantage. My initial thoughts were ‘how hard can this really be?’ Punch a few bags, throw a few kicks. But it was way harder than I expected. I’d worked up a sweat in no time and was working practically every muscle, including ones that I hadn’t used much before (or at all).
The truth is, that these beautifully fit women actually train hard to build and maintain their bodies! Whatever your ideal body would be, you need to work for it and that’s exactly what these ladies do. Boxing is intense but fun and even after a super hard session you’re eager to get back in the ring! When I gave it a go, there was a combination of men and women training together, all encouraging each other to push harder. It was great and there was a real sense of group bonding!
If you want to get fit, toned, have a full-body workout and have fun, then boxing is definitely the way to go.
So Victoria, you’d better watch out. We know your secret and we’re coming for you! xx
I love my bum! I never really thought that I’d be writing that sentence, but it’s true. I love my bum and I love finding new ways to keep it in shape (and make it shapelier)! There’s so many bum-firming, toning, enlarging information floating around the net that it’s sometimes a little overwhelming. So I’ve decided to narrow it down and share my favourite and most effective tips to get that butt in shape!
1. Jumping Squats. Ok, so squats are probably the most obvious and popular way to tone up your tush, but why not mix it up. There are lot’s of variations of squats that are just as, if not more effective than the standard squat. Jumping squats will really get you feeling the burn and are super simple. Stand as you would a normal squat- stand tall, head up, chest out with a slight arch in your lower back, feet shoulder width apart- and squat down as you normally would, as if you’re going to sit on a seat behind you (not straight down). Now, instead of simply standing back tall, jump up and land straight back into the squat. You can either do these on the spot, or alternatively, if you’re training in an open space then jump forward and see how far you can jump. I always like to have a little competition with myself to see how far forward I can leap, but as always it’s best to get the technique right first. You should see yourself improving jump height and distance the more that you practice.
2. Hill Squats. Time to step it up a level? This is one that will really, really work you out!! Exactly the same as the jumping forward squat but… yup, you guessed it… up a hill! Start at the bottom and jump for 10-20 squats up the hill. Repeat 3 times for the ultimate workout. Make sure to choose a decent gradient hill that will get your legs working- and ideally not a slippery one! I don’t want to be encouraging any injuries!
3. Sprints. To be honest, this has to be my number one butt-shaping exercise. Get down to your local park or track if possible and once you’ve warmed up with a jog and moving stretches (butt-kicks, high knees, crossovers), you’re ready to get your Bolt on! Set out around 30 meters. You can use cones, a bag, lamp posts… anything that you can use to roughly mark the spot. Sprint from the beginning to the end before letting yourself slow into a jog. Turn around, giving yourself 30-60 seconds depending on your fitness and then sprint back to the start. Repeat this three times (so six 30 meter runs), rest for 5 minutes and repeat the whole set again.
P.S. When I say sprint, this means as fast as you can!!
4. Hill Sprints. Time to step it up again. Sprinting, but up a hill. Get to the top as quickly as possible, walk to the bottom as a breather and then time to get back to the top! The number of sets will depend on how long and steep the hill is, but don’t be lazy- this one can be really effective if you work hard enough.
5. Lunges. If you can get yourself into a gym then definitely use weights with this one! Whether you choose to use dumbbells or a bar, the extra weight will make a huge difference! In the park go for jumping lunges. Very similar to the jumping squat but make sure to alternate legs as you jump.
6. Stepper. If you’re going to invest in any home workout equipment then it should be a stepper. They are great for working your legs, bum and other body parts! You can use your stepper to lunge, squat, jump or simply step your way to a toned bum!
7. Moisturise. Sooo this one might not be making your bum any bigger (unless you have an allergic reaction!!) but it will make it softer, smoother and help your skin to keep its elasticity through all that exercise, meaning no saggy bums in the future- yippee!
They’re my top bum toning tips. So whether you love or hate your bum, try these little recommendations and see if you see any effects! 🙂 xx